🌱 Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival in progress + Synovus Water Street Tampa
Hello, people of Tampa! Carlos Hernandez here with today’s issue of the Tampa Daily. Today is the last day of Tampa Bay Taco Week.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Sunny and pleasant. High: 73 Low: 57.
🏡 Are you a local real estate agent? Let us help you generate leads, grow your brand in Tampa, and set you apart from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here are today’s top stories in Tampa:
1. One 982 unit apartment complex possesses changed hands in a deal secured by a $207 million mortgage. The buyer is ZMR Capital in Tampa, which purchased it from NorthEnd Equities and Residential Management. NorthEnd paid $123 million for the property in 2019. (Trade Observer)
2. The Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival is currently underway and until April 24. This took 11 days to build the 21,000 square foot Sugar Sand Walk exhibit which will be viewed by thousands of visitors during the 17-day period. This year’s theme is “An Animal Adventure” sculptures include larger-than-life fantasy bears, penguins, dragons, and more. (Tampa Patch)
3. Plant City’sgo outside a limited edition beer in support of Ukrainians which was attacked by Russian forces since the end of February. solve beer will be available on saturday april 16 during the Keel Farms Tampa Bay Blueberry Festival. Proceeds will go to two non-profit organizations supporting the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine through direct aid. (Creative Loafing Tampa)
4. Synovusa Georgian bank with more than a dozen branches in Tampa Bay, is planning for a 10,829 square foot office suite at Thousand & One at Water Street Tampa, which opened last summer. According to a project description filed with the City of Tampa, the Suite 700 space will be built to include 29 offices, five conference rooms and more than half a dozen other private workspaces, collaboration spaces and breakout or computer rooms. (Tampa Bay Times)
5. Five years after the start of a new investigation, John Hartnett, the owner of defunct Gulf Coast Boat Salesbeen arrested Wednesday afternoon and charged with two counts of money laundering and fraudulent scheme. Its managing director, James Ladenbeen also arrested and charged with fraud. the Florida State Attorney’s Office Claims victims lost approximately $800,000. (WFLA)
Today in Tampa:
- Yoga on the lawn at Armature Works. (9:30 AM)
- Wtr Pool Party on Sundays with Tay James. (12:00)
- Backyard Laying Hens 101 at the Sweetwater Organic Community Farm. (1:00 p.m.)
- 4th Annual Easter Egg Hunt at All Peoples Fitness Trail. (2:00 p.m.)
- USF wind ensemble at the USF Concert Hall. (15:00)
From my notebook:
- the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to have re-signed RB Giovani Bernard. 📰: bccn.rs/3xegITM. (Facebook)
- the the first game of the season is over for Tampa Tarpons and they took the W, 9-6. Highlights of the game include a home run from Marcos Cabrera and a GRAND SLAM from Anthony Garcia. (Facebook)
- Tampa Police Department continued their partnership with Current Initiatives “Laundry Project”assist 23 families with free laundry service, thanks to donations from their police foundation, Rise Tampa. (Facebook)
- Be one of First 200 guests at the Tampa Theater today 15 hours for the screening of The Sandlot, sponsored by the Tampa Bay Rays and receive a FREE foam baseball. (Facebook)
- To visit Keel Farms for a full day of family fun at the Tampa Bay Blueberry Festival, with over 100 food and craft vendors, live music, a kids’ area, and pick-your-own blueberries. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- 4-Course Dinner and Auction to Benefit Wheels of Success – Presented by Santander Consumer USA (April 11)
- Open House: House for Sale in St Pete Beach (April 13)
- Breast ultrasound screening comes directly to you! (April 16)
- Retirement Tax Webinar 4/18 & 4/20 (April 18)
- Health insurance – turning 65… what now? (April 19)
- Add your event
Do you like the Tampa Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You’re all caught up for today! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with another update.
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.